IT'S IN YOUR HOME
Radon - Reduction Guide for Canadians
Radon is a radioactive gas that occurs naturally when the uranium in soil and rock breaks down. It is invisible, odorless and tasteless. When outdoors, not a concern, however, in enclosed spaces like homes, it can accumulate to high levels, which can pose a risk to the health of you and your family. Click on the image to learn more.
RADON REDUCTION GUIDE FOR CANADIANS
by Health Canada
INFORMATION FOR CANADIANS ON HOW TO REDUCE EXPOSURE... DON’T IGNORE IT! RADON IS A SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUE Radon is a radioactive gas that you cannot see, smell or taste and can get into your home undetected. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer after smoking and the leading cause of lung cancer for nonsmokers. When radon escapes from the ground into the outdoor air it is diluted to low concentrations and is no cause for concern. However, when radon enters an enclosed space, like a home, it can accumulate to high levels and become a health hazard...